Friday, June 8, 2012

Bounce by Mohu Review - Give Me The Juice

I'm a person who loves technology and gadgets.  You may have possibly read Leaf by Mohu Review- Best HDTV Antenna, and I absolutely love my Leaf .  My new gadget is another from Mohu as well called the Bounce.  It is a neat little WiFi enhancer.  On the packaging they claim "3x extra juice for your WiFi".  When you pull the device out of the box it's kind of an egg shaped hunk of plastic looking thing.  On first glance I can not help but wonder if this plastic thingamabob is actually going to do anything, however after the luck that I had with the Leaf antenna I wasn't too skeptical.

Just slide the Bounce onto an antenna!
The way this nifty gadget works... well I can't tell you exactly how it works, that is a mystery hidden within it's egg shaped walls.  But, to install the device to boost your WiFi just slide it right over one of your router's external antennas, and wahlah!  It works!  Simple = Awesome!

I have both a pc and a laptop.  In all honesty I prefer using the pc most of the time.  One of the reasons being that since the pc is jacked directly into the router with a wire it loads things much more quickly than the laptop.  I'm the typical impatient person that prefers instant gratification when it has anything to do with waiting on stuff to happen on the internet.  Buffering is a royal pain in the butt!  So of course one of the first things I tested was going to my bedroom where I would typically use the laptop and firing up the web, which loaded pretty much instantly.  Never has that happened before.  Then I went to watch a video online that I had tried watching on the laptop before and remembered being irritated by the lag time and there was absolutely no lag and the video played right away.  Woohoo!

I do not really use my laptop outside, but my phone is Wifi capable and I do not get much signal in the dog park next to my apartment, so I decided to go and check that out.  In this photo I'm standing in front of the wall where my router and Bounce are located about 4 feet behind me, and if you squint your eyes and look for the arrow I inserted you can see the brown picnic table in the distance.  That's where I spend my time while Balue is having his park time.  Usually I get 1 white bar with WiFi at that table, I now get 3 green bars, and 4 is the most that would be on my phone.  So 3 out of 4 green bars, when before I had no green isn't too shabby!

I do have other electronics in my home that run on WiFi and it does seem that everything is running more smoothly since I slipped this nifty little guy onto my router's antenna.  If your WiFi is needing a boost and your router has an external antenna I suggest giving it a shot.  It is an American made product and you can purchase it on Amazon for only $25!!!  And it is eligible Super Saver or Amazon Prime shipping.

Mohu is quickly becoming a favorite brand, and I'm currently awaiting their new Leaf Plus Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna to come in the mail, so expect to hear from me fairly soon on how that works out.

Have you tried the Bounce and seen a difference?

Much Love!


Oh hey! It's Friday, WiFi just got better and David Bowie is forever sexy... LETS DANCE!




Let's Dance (Single Version) Only 99 Cents!


No comments:

Post a Comment