Saturday, February 11, 2012

Speak Up

I find it super sad that Whitney Houston passed away today, growing up in the 80's she was everywhere.  I know they haven't released the cause of death yet, however I am of course drawn to the fact that she was very publicly addicted to drugs and basically threw her life away for a high... well many highs.  It's very sad to me and I hate to see anyone take that path.  I've had loved ones on that path as well, and have even lost people very near and dear to me due to addiction.  Watching people you love die young that way takes a toll on your heart.  I now straight up tell my loved ones how I feel if they are drastically addicted to drugs or alcohol, which I know many did with Whitney as well.  I do not care if it makes them mad or hurts their feelings.  Unfortunately we cannot force people to change, however we can tell them we love them and we do not want them to die and we do not want to have to go to their funeral mourning the loss of a person we loved who died way too young.  I really hope those in my life, and yours, who are addicted to things that will one day kill them will get their lives together.  Take a moment to pray for them or have a thought or whatever you believe in.  And when you feel afraid to confront them, just keep in mind that maybe you speaking up will be what plants the seed in their heart that will one day drive them to make a real change that will save their life.  You may not be able to change the whole world, but just speaking up may change someone's world.


Much Love!

Please enjoy some of these great songs that I love by Whitney Houston who died way too young, only 48. 1963-2012












Whitney's all time #1 song was "I Will Always Love You" that she recorded for The Body Guard, a great movie that I loved in my youth. I hope that she finally has peace and she will always be loved and missed by everyone she left behind. RIP



2 comments:

  1. I really appreciated your comments about whitney Houston. I also love the music you have shared with us. I hope she is finally at peace. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete