Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sleepless in Blondeville

I’ve always had this habit of staying up too late.  Then sleeping in too late and having to rush around and get ready for work at warp speed and cruising in and landing in my chair at work right as the toll sounds 8 am (or in school age years barely making it to the bus stop in time, if I made it on time).  However this has made me a pro at super fast getting ready and I can say I’m not a high maintenance girl who takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r primping and prodding.  It’s simple – shower, hair, makeup, clothes , pat the dog on the head, run out the door – bam bam bam! 
(Wow I just got the Greased Lightening song stuck in my head for some reason… you too now?  Yep you are welcome for that.) 

In my early adulthood I used to be able to stay up until 2 am and then wake up around 5 or 6 am and actually function throughout my day.  I have moved my wee morning bedtime to being in bed by at least 11pm or 12am at the latest (during the work week at least).  There is just something about working all day and not being able to start my “real” day at home until 5 or 6 pm.  I feel almost robbed if I do not get several hours of relaxing and doing something besides sitting at work.  I do not think I could stand it if my life became a constant rotation of only working, eating and sleeping for 5 out of 7 days of the week.

Now that I’m in my 30’s my body is demanding that I sleep.  For the past couple of years I actually take naps on the weekend, I was never able to take naps before.  I’ve learned to truly appreciate a great nap and do not understand why I was reluctant as a young person to not listen to the wisdom of my elders and go to sleep in the middle of the day.  If only naps were required during the work day here in the USA I would be in heaven.  My dog, Balue, is the best nap buddy ever.  Even my iguana, Sebastian, thinks so.  

(That tiny kennel is not Sebastian's cage, we were in the middle of a moving transition until his huge habitat was rebuilt.)





There’s really no point to anything you just read.  I’m just sitting here bones hurting, eyes drooping, guzzling coffee and hoping that I actually wake up soon.  My eyes may be open but my brain has not activated yet.  Maybe you are the same way, I’d like to say that one day we’ll actually learn to force ourselves to go to sleep at a decent hour… but in all honesty there’s probably no hope for us, and I’m ok with that.  =)
Much love!

2 comments:

  1. The best line out of the entire post..."There's really no point to anything you just read." LOL! That's great! Glad you're blogging...woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know in case you were wondering ;) & thanks I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete